SME transfer refers to the sale or acquisition of small and medium-sized enterprises in a broad meaning (MBO, MBI, EBO, family succession, etc.). Transeo AISBL was founded in December 2010 by three organizations active in the transfer of SMEs: SOWACCESS (Wallonia, Belgium), CRA (France) and MKBase (The Netherlands).
Transeo connects the SME transfer experts from…
- the private sector (M&A practices, matching platforms, lawyers, business auditors, accountants, chartered accountants, tax consultants, M&A consultants, intermediaries in business transfers, business transfer agencies, banks, private equity firms, …),
- the public sector (chambers of commerce, economic development agencies, public financing organizations, public matching programmes, …),
- the academic sector (research centres, business schools, …).
…who are active in the transfer (sale/acquisition) of small and medium-sized enterprises in Europe.
Transeo represents and promotes the long-term interests of the SME transfer market in Europe.
Transeo aims at encouraging the exchange of good practices between experts from the European countries, in order to make the European SME transfer market more professional & visible, to smooth the way for collaboration between private, public and academic stakeholders and to make the regulatory environment more transfer-friendly.
More information about
- the background of Transeo AISBL
- the mission and goals of Transeo AISBL
- the founders of Transeo AISBL
SOWACCESS (“Société Wallonne d’Acquisition et de Cession d’Entreprises”), a subsidiary of the SOWALFIN Group, is the Walloon company for SME transfer and takeover. SOWACCESS is founding member of Transeo aisbl.
The two main missions of SOWACCESS are the following:
- To facilitate contacts between sellers and buyers in Belgium, France, and the Netherlands: SOWACCESS offers potential sellers the opportunity to identify, in total confidentiality, candidates among its affiliated buyers that are likely to be interested in acquiring their business. Sellers may also, if they wish, place an anonymous advertisement for their business on the SOWACCESS website. SOWACCESS collaborates with a vast network of recognized business consultants and business transfer agents in Wallonia.
- To provide information and raises awareness of the sale/acquisition of businesses: SOWACCESS is called upon to play a centralizing role in the Walloon region in matters relating to access to information on business transfers(information sessions, seminars, conferences, technical training courses, publications, etc.).
The Centre de Reempresa de Catalunya was launched in 2010 and is supported by the Catalan Employers Association (Cecot), through the Fundació Cecot Innovació (FCI) and is supported by the Private Foundation promoting self-employment in Catalonia (CP’AC). It is cofinanced by the Catalan Government and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) from the European Commission. This initiative works as a non-profit public-private partnership.
Its goal is to establish a general system by which an employer who wants to transfer his business to another will have access to a unique Market Place with expert advice and specialized training, and also where he will find the support of public administration and economic operators
Reempresa has been signing agreements with local, regional and national public administrations and business organizations in order to set up a network of collaborators around Spain. By doing that, Reempresa is assuring market access, but also raising awareness among potential buyers and sellers, and among key partners.
HU Business School Utrecht/Faculty of Economics and Business, conducts research on success and failure in SME business transfers since 2004, leading to international cited publications. Out of the 13 studies within the business school three are dedicated to entrepreneurship. HU Business School Utrecht is considered one of the leading parties in business transfer research and education by the Dutch Department of Education, Chambers of Commerce and specific trade associations.
Address : Padualaan 101, PO Box 85029 Utrecht , the Netherlands
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. : +31 30 2586243
Website : www.hu.nl